Give yourself the GIFT of SOUND before, during and after the birth!
- Are you pregnant and hoping for a natural and positive birth experience for yourself, your partner and your baby?
- Have you heard that using your voice is an effective pain relief tool but feel self-conscious about using it?
- Would you like your partner to support you using a crystal singing bowl?
I have created an ONLINE COURSE just for you and your partner called
"Sing Your Baby to You!"
- SING YOUR BABY TO YOU Before the Birth - from Conception and throughout pregnancy learn how to sing a "Heart Song" to start the bonding process!
- SING YOUR BABY TO YOU During the Birth - learn how to use your voice to manage anxiety, pain and to claim the strength within you to birth your baby naturally and gently into your arms!
- SING YOUR BABY TO YOU After the Birth - choose to sing to assist with bonding with your baby to bring you even closer than you were before the birth!
I can't wait to start sharing the SoundBirth tools with you!
The SoundBirth Story
SoundBirth began when my Mum intuitively started playing one of my newly purchased crystal singing bowls that was sitting in the corner of my bedroom.
It was good timing because my contractions were starting to feel more intense and I was starting to want to moan and groan because of it's intensity ... but I felt embarrassed about making any strange sounds in front of everyone (midwife, husband, friend, Mum...). I had felt self-conscious and inhibited during my previous two home births too!
BUT as soon as I heard the sound of the bowl I started to make more sound with my voice and in return felt more relief! The entire room seemed to disappear and all that was present were the sounds I was co-creating with the bowl.
Soon the contraction dissipated and so did the sound of the bowl.
OMG. I couldn't believe the difference in my anxiety and pain levels!
From then on my doula was instructed by me to play that bowl throughout every contraction for the next 5 hours ... and then again during my fourth labour my birth team took turns playing that bowl ... this time for about 30 hours!
The sound of that amazing bowl HELD my hand and gave me the strength I needed to birth my babies!
Since then the SoundBirth tools have been used by doulas, midwives and partners at home births and hospitals throughout Perth, WA and other parts of the world, to soothe and support women in labour. Hear about what women are saying below!
What Women are Saying About SoundBirth
“After remembering to tone with the crystal singing bowl that my Mum was playing during each contraction for hours, I finally dilated from 3cm to 10cm within 30 mins! I'm extremely grateful that I was able to birth my baby naturally when everything was heading to having a c-section. ”
Mother of 2
“I never thought, "I can't do this" or "I need drugs" or "take me to the hospital" because the bowl kept me present and grounded. I felt safe and calm during the contractions. ”
“The birth was exceedingly beautiful and the bowl such a part of this, I would highly recommend it to every birthing woman. ”
Mother of 4
“It was so helpful, having the bowls there. I truly believe they helped me in opening up and relaxing like I’ve never relaxed before.”
Midwife, Mother of 4
“I was able to “get in the zone” to focus and visualise full dilation, in spite of the pressure and hospital sounds that were going on around me. We did successfully dilate and I had the vaginal birth I was hoping for.”
“The beautiful low tone of the mesmerising singing bowl helped keep Amy in what I like to call the 'labour zone'. The atmosphere in the room was one of peace, harmony and there was the easy flow of laughter and joy. ”
“ If I hadn’t discovered SoundBirth and toning and the crystal singing bowls I believe that my labour would have gone very differently. ”
“If a contraction had a sound it would be the sound of the Crystal singing bowl.”
The Many Benefits!
- Release of the birth hormones - oxytocin, endorphins, serotonin.
- Increased levels of oxygen.
- Lowered blood pressure.
- Lowered adrenaline levels.
- Woman able to get into "the birth zone".
- Gives the partner an important and supportive role to play during labour.
- Feeling of safety as if in her own "birthing cave".
- The sound of the crystal singing bowl be used as her main "birth ritual".
- Creates sacred space no matter where the women ends up giving birth.
- The sound or the bowl drowns out any other disturbing, random and therefore possible distractions in the birth room.
- The sound of the bowl and voice gives woman more of focus than any perceived pain.
- Relaxing the larynx due to vocalising consciously, can relax the cervix leading to dilation and less chance of tearing.
- Creates a beautiful connection between the woman and her partner leading to a more positive birth experience they can share together.
- Gives the baby more of a chance to be birthed gently into their new world, into their Mother's arms.
- Singing a "Heart Song" to the unborn child during pregnancy makes this song familiar and can therefore be used as a tool to soothe the baby while adjusting to their new world.
Is this Course for YOU?
- If you are pregnant and want a natural and positive birth experience.
- If you are feeling unsure about how you will cope with the pain of birth.
- If you think that you would feel uncomfortable about using your voice during labour.
- If you would like your partner to be actively involved in supporting you during labour.
- If you have already heard the crystal singing bowls and can imagine how beautiful it would be to have one accompany your birth.
- If you feel anxious about giving birth and becoming a new Mother.
- If you want to have musical tools handy that will assist with the bonding process even before the birth ... but also afterwards when you hold your baby in your arms.
What You Get?
Access to the online training which includes PDFs, instructional videos, access to myself and others via the SoundBirth membership site, access to Facebook Group AND a one hour Zoom Call with me!
The course is delivered online via the SoundBirth Membership Site AND in the Facebook Group. Here you will have access to instructional videos, PDFs and audios that you can download.
Here is an outline of the topics that will be covered!
- The SoundBirth story - how this all began and why I'm sharing it with you!
- The Benefits of Having a SoundBirth - the combination of using your voice and a crystal singing bowl has MANY benefits!
- Voice Issues - why it's important to know what they are before the birth.
- Introduction to Crystal Singing Bowls - history, sizes, pitches
- Sound Awareness - start noticing how sound affects you in every day life.
- The Science of Sound - the important and interesting facts only!
- Voice Exercises - simple exercises to assist with overcoming inhibitions around making "strange noises" during labour.
- How to Tone - how to use your voice in a focused, open and relaxed way to allow your baby to enter gently into the world.
- How to Play and Use Your Bowl During Labour - this is where your partner/other birth support comes in!
- SoundBirth Role-Play with your Partner and other Support People - time to practice together!
- Teaching others in your team how to play your bowl and use their voice too!
- Background Music - how to add background music to the equation ... if you want to.
- How to Create a "Heart Song" for Your Baby - step by step instructions so you can start "singing your baby to you" even before the birth!
- Music activities during post-natal period to assist with bonding, healing, relaxing, managing anxiety and putting your baby to sleep in the most nurturing way possible - by "Singing Your Baby to You"!
What You'll LOVE About This Training!
You're going to LOVE this training because you and your partner can learn together from the comfort of your own bed and drink coffee (or any other hot beverage! ...) at the same time!
You can learn in your own time ... whether that's in a day or over a 4 to 6 week time period.
You'll be able to connect with myself and other expectant couples on the SoundBirth journey in the SoundBirth Membership Site and via the "Sing Your Baby to You" Facebook Page.
You and your partner/support team get personal attention from me during the 1 hour private session via Skype/Zoom!
You have lifetime access to this information and will use it for any more babies you may have in the future or even when your babies want to have babies!
Here are other reasons why I believe you'll LOVE that you found out about SoundBirth!
- You and your partner will LOVE the resonant sound of the bowl.
- You will LOVE feeling uninhibited about using your voice as this will make you feel empowered and strong!
- You will LOVE knowing that the sound from the bowl will be there for you during every contraction.
- You will LOVE the sacred space that will be created by the bowl's sound and appearance ... no matter where you give birth.
- You will LOVE that your partner has an important and active role to play and will be on the ride with you!
Why Learn From Me?
I have been involved in the sound and music world for most of my life. I learnt piano from when I was 6 followed by the double bass (massive violin) when I started high school. This led to further study at the WA Conservatorium of Music for 4 years (Bachelor of Music) where I also played in youth orchestras and eventually the professional orchestra in Perth (WASO) as a casual player.
Although prestigious, performing never truly satisfied me … I was more interested in the therapeutic effects of sound and music. So I gained my first “real” job when I was 21 in a day respite centre for seniors as a “music specialist” where I was thrown in the deep end and saw in real life how music affected people almost instantaneously.
Since then I have been facilitating relaxing "sound journeys" using crystal singing bowls and other therapeutic sound tools and teaching people how to integrate sound into all areas of life including BIRTH and PARENTING.
Another reason why I feel qualified to share this info with you is because I have had FOUR home births … that is four NATURAL BIRTHS. So I know what the pain of birth feels like and now I also know how to more than cope with it … I know how to RIDE with it!
SoundBirth is a combination of both of my life-long passions, SOUND and BIRTH which is why I can't wait to share it with you!
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some of the questions people most frequently ask me:
Do I need to have a bowl?
To have a "true" SoundBirth experience I believe YES it is better to have a bowl there to support you. You will feel more uninhibited using your voice, more in "the zone", your partner will have a role to play, it will create sacred space no matter where you birth and more!
What is so great about the "SoundBirth Bowl"?
Over the years of working with sound I have found that the pitch I have chosen for the SoundBirth Bowl is the easiest pitch to vocalise with - it's not too high, not too low! Also, the size of the bowl isn't too small or too heavy and big! It is JUST RIGHT. So I just don't give people a choice anymore! Just trust me and go for it! You'll learn more about why in the training! And you and your partner will fall in love with it when you see and hear it ... so don't you worry!
How long will it take for my bowl to arrive?
At the moment during COVID-19 times the bowls are taking between 2 - 4 weeks to arrive. So please order ASAP.
Will hospitals let me bring a bowl to birth?
From what I know, it is up to the birthing woman as to what they want to bring into the birthing room. If that is a crystal singing bowl then so be it! So far I haven't heard of a doula, midwife or couple NOT being allowed to bring their bowl into the room. It's all been very positive feedback! It's a good idea to educate those who know nothing about SoundBirth by popping a sign on the door with all the benefits listed!
What can I do with the SoundBirth bowl after the birth?
You can use the bowl to soothe yourself and your baby after the birth any time. I will talk about this in the course too. I will also give you include an e-book called "Magical Bowls" to give you other ideas on how you can use your bowl that's not birth related.
How long will it take to complete the training?
You will receive a new module each week for 4 weeks. This will give you time to do the exercises with your partner and integrate any new learning. If you need to learn ASAP then yes I can give you access to the whole course immediately. Just let me know.
I'm not musical. I can't sing. Nor can my partner. Can we still do the course?
OK OK... You need to first of all remember that EVERYONE is "musical" ... since you were born you've been making sounds with your voice right? Well that to me is musical! And ANYONE can play a crystal singing bowl! So YES of course you can! I will assist you anyway I can throughout the course and in our private session/s to make sure you both feel confident enough to use your voice and play a bowl during labour...
When will I have access to the online course?
Immediately after you have either paid the full price or started the payment plan! You will receive a link which will give you access to the SoundBirth Membership site and your first module. Then every week for 4 weeks after that you will receive a new module! Remember... lifetime access!
What if my partner doesn't want to play the bowl?
So far I have noticed that most partners are keen to play the bowl once they have seen, heard and played one themselves! I've also found that once they understand how playing the bowl is going to assist you in using your voice which ultimately assists the entire opening up/birthing process, he is more than keen to give it a go! BUT if he is still reluctant or maybe if you'd rather he was holding your hand or rubbing your back, then maybe you can ask another support person to be THE bowl player throughout the birth ... because you just might NEED that sound during each contraction like many other women have!
Can I hire a bowl?
If you live in Perth, Australia YES you can! Contact me for details.
What is the Total Cost Again?
For the Online Course, Private Zoom Call, Facebook Group the cost is $150.
Then you will need to either purchase the SoundBirth bowl $500 OR if you live in Perth you can hire a bowl for $250.
Do you do payment plans?
Yes I am happy to come up with a plan! Just ask!
What I LOVE About Online Courses!
Learn ANYWHERE, ANYTIME, ANYHOW! Discover the BEAUTY of online learning!
Step by Step Video Tutorials
For ALL learning types this training includes video tutorials, audios as well as the usual written text and PDFs for those who just want to read through the information quickly.
Learn at Your Own Pace
No need to travel across the world to learn how to play a crystal singing bowl! No no no! Just login to your account and you'll find all the information in one place whenever you get the time!
Life-Time Access to the Course
You will have access to this training forever! If I do ever decide to move onto something else (I doubt that...) then I would let you know and you can just download everything!
Invite your partner to play an active and supportive role throughout the birth!
So ... Are You Ready?
Are you ready to RECLAIM your voice BEFORE the birth so you can instead draw on it as the most POWERFUL, EFFECTIVE and NATURAL tool you already have inside you to overcome pain, anxiety and disconnection?
Are you ready to feel your partner really LISTEN and STAY PRESENT with you as you Sing Your Baby into your arms?
Are you ready to learn how to and experience building a STRONG BOND with your baby even before the birth?