SoundBirth Doula Training 2019
Are you a doula who enjoys giving pregnant women 100% natural tools that support them before, during and after the birth?
Are you curious about how sound and music can move a woman from feeling stressed, anxious and overwhelmed to clear, calm and collected in a matter of minutes?
Do you like the idea of being able to integrate these simple tools into the amazing birth work you are already doing with pregnant women?
If so, I have created a training just for you!
(Psst ... By the way ... ANYONE can learn how to use the SoundBirth tools.
NO musical experience is necessary!)
See below for more details!
- To learn how to use the SoundBirth tools with your pregnant women.
- To learn how to use a crystal singing bowl effectively and safely.
- To learn how to help your women overcome voice issues.
- To learn how to use your own voice VOICE effectively during labour to support your women.
- To learn about the science of sound and how sound entrains the brain into a relaxed state ... and how to explain this!
- To learn what NOT to do!
- To learn how to support your new Mothers how to bond with their baby and stay sane during Motherhood using music.
- Because your women NEED this tool at their birth and they will LOVE you for providing it for them!
- To add value to your packages!
WHAT THE TRAINING COVERS:
- The science of sound and how it affects us.
- How to create a "Heart Song" (a lullaby) during pregnancy to start bonding.
- The benefits of encouraging your women to use their voice during labour.
- How to play a crystal singing bowl to support women during labour.
- How to navigate the "SoundBirth" tools with the men - how to encourage them to be involved if they choose to.
- Benefits of using a crystal singing bowl during labour.
- How to create an oxytocin-inducing birth environment.
- How to support women after the birth using sound and music.
- How to explain what SoundBirth is to your potential "clients" at your initial interview and on your website etc.
WHAT THE TRAINING DOESN'T COVER
- Childbirth education
- Doula Training of some kind AND/OR
- Love of and interest in the therapeutic benefits of sound with the intention to do some Doula Training.
- If you are a midwife or other birth professional you are also most welcome to attend.
- You will be able to introduce and then prepare your pregnant women to have a SoundBirth and then play your bowl at home/hospital during the labour. You will also be able to support them with sound and music after the birth during the post-natal period with the info you receive in this course.
- You will not be allowed to TEACH the SoundBirth tools in workshop environment though... ask to see license agreement
WHEN: 12th May, 9th June, 14th July, 18th August 2019
TIME: 10 - 5
WHERE: My music studio in Bedfordale
$1200 (Payment Plans available ... just ask!)
WHAT YOU GET!
- 4 days with me over a 4 month period - see dates
- Your SoundBirth crystal singing bowl, carry case and striker.
- Lifetime access to the SoundBirth Doula Course
- Facebook and Email support forever
- Permission to use the SoundBirth logo on your website and marketing material.
- Listing on the SoundBirth website as a "SoundBirth Doula"
WHY TRAIN WITH ME?
- I created SoundBirth! No one else teaches this modality! Yet!
- I've had 4 home births and attended a few hospital births
- I have attended the DONA Doula birth and post-natal training
- I have a Bachelor of Music degree
- I am passionate about giving women the tools and opportunity to have a natural birth where possible.
- I have always been interested in the power of music and sound.
- Because I LOVE to teach!
- SoundBirth is an approved module through IICT (International Institute of Complimentary Therapies) and I will also be applying to be an IICT approved trainer in March 2019 so that my trainings will also be approved.
- I am also currently applying for the ACM CPD Recognition which will hopefully be approved before this training commences!
WHAT OTHERS ARE SAYING ABOUT SOUNDBIRTH?
“I needed Daniel to play the bowl during each contraction as it was giving me so much relief. It was the gentlest, calmest birth and I feel without the bowl the intensity of such a quick/intense labour I wouldn’t have felt the support and relief I needed and welcomed this time. Investing in a bowl from SoundBirth was by far one of the best choices I have made to have a great birth experience for myself and my husband.” Angela, Perth (homebirth)
“The birth was exceedingly beautiful and the bowl such a part of this, I would highly recommend it to every birthing woman.” Shar, Mother of 4, Perth (homebirth)
“It was so helpful, having the bowls there, I truly believe they helped me in opening up and relaxing like I’ve never relaxed before.” Sandra, Mother of 4, Texas (homebirth)
“The toning alone made every contraction almost enjoyable. I could see it coming, start toning tone through its peak and feel it gently fade as my voice did to. With the toning I owned every contraction and felt its ‘strength’. With the gas I lost all control and the contractions felt like waves of drowsy PAIN that where happening to me rather than with me. I can honestly say I didn’t feel any pain with my contractions while I was toning. I was just carrying myself along with the contraction rather than fighting against it.” Taryn, Mother of 2, Perth (hospital birth)
“My midwife said, “If a contraction had a sound it would be the sound of the crystal singing bowl.” Taryn
“Using the crystal bowl and toning taught to me by Nicole Lloyd I was able to “get in the zone” to focus and visualise full dilation, in spite of the pressure and hospital sounds that were going on around me.” Tanya, Perth (hospital birth)
“It was the crystal singing bowl that gave me the strength, courage and capacities through those difficult hours.” Natalia, Perth (hospital birth)
Testimonial from a Midwife
"I had the privilege recently to be involved with a labouring woman in hospital whom I shall call Amy. Amy had a great attitude, a wonderful support crew and a beautiful large crystal singing bowl.
As Amy's labour got going, the support crew took it in turns on the crystal singing bowl to easily generate a beautiful deep, rising vibration in the room that was very relaxing and hypnotic- like.
It was clear to me that this was very helpful for Amy in getting through each contraction. As the contractions became stronger, the calmer Amy seem to become. She was easily able to take herself to a peaceful place with mindful breathing and meditation. The beautiful low tone of the mesmerising singing bowl helped keep Amy in what I like to call the 'labour zone'. The atmosphere in the room was one of peace, harmony and there was the easy flow of laughter and joy.
Everyone took turns playing the crystal bowl and Amy made us laugh as she protested if there was a break in the sound.
The big stand out thing for me on a personal level is that when I went home after a 9 hour shift, I felt totally energised which is unusual. I felt so uplifted and alive and I was still wide awake and buzzing at my usual bed time! I realised that it must have been the vibrations in the birth room from the crystal singing bowl.
It would be worth investigating what the crystal singing bowl could do for you, not only in labour but for pregnancy relaxation and vitality. I think that perhaps it is also great for life in general."
Susan Krachler, Registered Midwife